Section: New Software and Platforms
Keywords: Profil MARTE - Embedded systems - UML - IDM
Scientific Description: TimeSquare offers six main functionalities:
* graphical and/or textual interactive specification of logical clocks and relative constraints between them,
* definition and handling of user-defined clock constraint libraries,
* automated simulation of concurrent behavior traces respecting such constraints, using a Boolean solver for consistent trace extraction,
* call-back mechanisms for the traceability of results (animation of models, display and interaction with waveform representations, generation of sequence diagrams...).
* compilation to pure java code to enable embedding in non eclipse applications or to be integrated as a time and concurrency solver within an existing tool.
* a generation of the whole state space of a specification (if finite of course) in order to enable model checking of temporal properties on it
Functional Description: TimeSquare is a software environment for the modeling and analysis of timing constraints in embedded systems. It relies specifically on the Time Model of the Marte UML profile, and more accurately on the associated Clock Constraint Specification Language (CCSL) for the expression of timing constraints.